Okoboji boat rentals: chart your course, discover hidden coves, and make a splash in one of Iowa’s best vacation spots. Whether you’re a water sports enthusiast or want a peaceful day on the lake, renting a boat at Lake Okoboji is a great way to create lasting memories. This guide will steer you through the best boat rental options in the area. Plus, we’ve mapped out the top spots so you can easily navigate your way.
Grab your life jacket and dive into our guide to Okoboji boat rentals and cruises!
Know before you go
- Boat rentals are only available during peak season in Okoboji, but many options exist.
- Life jackets are required to be on watercraft rentals.
- Renters usually captain the rental boats, though a few companies have captains available with prior notice (and a fee).
- It’s essential to get instructions and guidance for operating any rental boat, including where you can and cannot go on the lake.
- Some parts of the lake are deeper than others; going into shallow areas can cause boat damage (which renters are liable for).
- A lake map is always a good idea.
- Fuel is usually an extra charge.
- Don’t want to rent a boat? Take a cruise! Check out the cruise section of this article.
Visiting Okoboji? See the Top 10 Things to Do in Okoboji: Iowa’s Favorite Outdoor Vacation Destination
Map: Where to find area boat rentals
Okoboji Boat Rentals
🚤 Boat Okoboji Rentals by Mau Marine
Boat Okoboji Rentals has a good selection of rentals and gear, with seating for two to sixteen passengers. Options range from paddleboards and jet skis to tritoons, sport boats, and more!
- Located at Alley St in Arnolds Park, Iowa (right off Hwy 71 south of the main bridge, next to The Ritz Bar & Grill)
- Options for up to 16 passengers, plus swim mats, paddleboards, tubes, and more
- Water Limo with a captain for up to 24 passengers available
- East and West Lakes
- Make reservations online
- Call 712-332-5627 for more information.
🚤 Okoboji Boat Works (Parks Marina, Inc)
Okoboji Boat Works is on the shores of West Okoboji Lake and has a good selection of boat rentals available for up to 22 passengers.
- Located at 1401 Lake Shore Dr, Okoboji, Iowa (just west of the north end of Hwy 71 bridge)
- Options for up to 22 passengers, including pontoons, runabouts, and jet skis
- Make reservations online
- Call 712-332-9904 for more information.
- Public and private cruises are also available.
🚤 Extreme Watersports
Extreme Watersports is on West Okoboji Lake and offers many boat rentals. Even more, they offer parasailing 600 feet over the lake!
- Located at 37 Lake St, Arnolds Park, Iowa (northwest of Hwy 71, right beside Arnolds Park Amusement Park)
- Boat rentals include jetskis, ski boats, and pontoon boats (up to 12 passengers)
- Other rentals include paddleboards, pedal boats, and kayaks
- Experienced drivers are available for those interested
- Parasailing is also available here
- Call 712-332-5406 or see their website for more information.
🚤 Make A Wake Watersports (Village West Resort)
Make A Wake Watersports rents several different watercraft on the west shore of West Okoboji Lake. It’s run by the Village West Resort and Hotel, which offers other amenities, like a diner, bakery, boathouse, and store.
- Located at 20785 170th St, Spirit Lake, Iowa (just east of Hwy 86)
- Options include jet skis, speed boats, pontoons, paddle boats, and kayaks
- Call 712-337-3223 (ext 238) or email email@example.com for information and reservations.
- See their Facebook page for more.
🚤 Triggs Bay Resort
Triggs Bay Resort is a family-owned resort on the south shore of East Okoboji Lake. They rent several types of watercraft to the public and offer a pool, beach, and other lakeside amenities for guests of the resort.
- Located at 180 Linden Dr, Arnolds Park, Iowa (east of Hwy 71 off Linden Dr on East Lake)
- Boat rentals include pontoons, powerboats, and jetskis
- Other rentals include paddleboards, water bikes, kayaks, and canoes.
- Call 712-332-2215 or see their website for more information and reservations.
🚤 Oak Hill Marina
Oak Hill Marina rents various types of watercraft, like canoes, pontoons, and even fishing boats.
- Located at 176 U.S. Hwy 71 S, Arnolds Park, Iowa (SE of Hwy 71 on the shores of Minnewashta Lake)
- Boat options for up to 18 passengers
- Can book a captain (2 weeks in advance)
- Other rentals include golf carts, kayaks, canoes, and paddleboards
- Make reservations online
- Call 712-332-2701 for more information
🚤 Okoboji Boat Rental
This is one pontoon boat rental (tritoon) for up to 15 passengers, with access to the East and West Lakes. See the website for details.
🚤 Okoboji Pontoon Rentals
This is one boat, with the captain provided, and will pick you up from any public or private dock on the lake. See their website for more information or to make reservations.
🚤 Sandbar Beach Resort
Sandbar Beach Resort is on the northeastern shore of Big Spirit Lake.
- Located at 11302 270th Pl, Spirit Lake, Iowa (just west of M-56/270th Ave on the eastern shore of Big Spirit Lake)
- Fishing boat rentals for up to four passengers
- Single kayaks are also available for rent.
- Call 712-336-0538 or see their website for more information.
Want to kayak or canoe Okoboji? 5 places to kayak and canoe in Okoboji [+ where to rent kayaks]
🛥️ The Queen II
The Queen II steamboat is located at and operated by Arnolds Park Amusement Park. It has an enclosed lower deck and open-air upper deck, offers snacks and drinks, and provides a narrated history of the area. Tickets for cruises can be bought in advance at the Arnolds Park website.
🛥️ Okoboji Boat Works
Okoboji Boat Works is at 1401 Lake Shore Dr in Okoboji. They offer a wide range of cruise options, both public and private. Public cruises include yacht parties, sunset cruises, and more – see public cruise options here. And private cruises can accommodate small and large groups – see the private cruise options here.
🛥️ Fillenwarth Beach Resort on West Lake Okoboji (guests only)
Fillenwarth Beach Resort is a family-owned lakeside resort in Arnolds Park. They offer free cruises and boat rentals to guests of the resort.